Currently: June

Currently living/working in: The Superfeet Supervan!!! Only 6 stops left on our NZ speaking tour and 4 weeks!! 

Current mood: I’m a little overwhelmed these days. Road life is blissfully chaotic and though we stay on top of most of it, being disconnected and on the go poses challenges. Road life is equally carefree, so while we have tour responsibilities, we seem to put everything else on the back burner. I’m getting to the point where my mind is starting to think about all the other life responsibilities waiting for us in the curtain ... hence, insomnia.

Currently excited about: Seeing my 2 college roomies! We’ve already visited so many friends and family through the country, and there are still so many more to see. But I think I am most excited about seeing my gals whom I haven’t seen in a few years. (My family will probably be mad I didn't say them, but that goes without saying?)

Currently not excited about: The end of our tour. Another epic road trip in the books!!! But I don’t want it to end … 

Currently proud of: There are lots of irons in the fire from this tour!!!! Can’t reveal anything yet, but we are excited about the old relationships we’ve sharpened and the new ones we’ve established. 

Currently worried about: We are going to visit our storage unit in Virginia in a few weeks. It is still full of stuff we probably don’t need, but we never seem to have enough time to go through and purge. The clutter gives me great anxiety. On the other hand, my husband has a little bit of a pack rat in him. It is an ongoing joke between us, yet I am not laughing.  

Currently thankful for: Amazing hospitality across the country. This tour wouldn’t really be possible without our friends and family opening their homes! Not to mention, our friends have a lot of great advice and wisdom for us to absorb!

Currently regretting: I’ve really been trying to practice taking better pictures with my fancy camera, but I wish I tried out some night photography shots, especially with the van. There’s still time, so maybe me admitting this online will hold me accountable … 

Currently amazed by: The irons in the fire ... exciting prospects ahead! 

Current confession: I do not love Google Maps. It gets us from point A to point B, but I feel like there are some things the app could do better to cause less frustration. I actually almost wish we didn’t have that convenience and would just rely on paper maps again. 

Current guilty pleasure: Eating out! Our tour budget has 3 parts: lodging, food and gas. We hardly ever eat out during the other 9 months of the year, but boy are we making up for it now. 

Currently reading: We’ve had some longer stretches of driving requiring less navigation, so we finally got back into audiobooks. We finished Amy Poehler’s “Yes Please” and Paulo Coelho’s “The Alchemist.” We love Amy Poehler, but her book actually made us like her less. As for “The Alchemist,” it is not our typical genre—it’s kind of almost fantasy world—but we really liked it. 


Currently watching on Netflix: We downloaded episodes of “House of Cards - Season 3” from Netflix to watch here and there. 

Labels: , ,