One More Sponsor!

We secured another sponsor! And, once again, it is a company we have known and loved for years.



Big Agnes is providing us with our 29 square foot "home" while we are in New Zealand - the Cooper Spur UL2 tent. We actually used the Copper Spur on the AT, but they have come out with a version in 2014 that even lost a few ounces. Yeah for updates and improvements!!

Our precious home on the AT in 2011 - Cooper Spur

If that wasn't generous enough, Big Agnes will also be providing us with their Shovelhead DownTek Jackets. I couldn't be more excited about this. My "poof" jacket is my comfort item on the trail. When I get to camp, I shed my sweaty clothes and put on a light shirt and my poof jacket. The features on the Shovelhead are exactly what I want - lightweight, packable, DownTek with 700 fill (meaning it will keep me warm and water repellent), a drawcord hood, and thumb holes. 

The last item they are gifting us are our trekking poles. On the Long Trail, I took no poles. On the AT, I took 1 pole. You could say I was a slow-burning convert to the trekking pole scene, but now I realize and love their benefits, as J had been telling me for years. The Helinox line of poles are super lightweight and we have been using them for a year now. I couldn't imagine backpacking without them. 

Thank you again to all our sponsors!! I would say we are definitely "geared up" for this trek! FYI, we will be posting our full gear list tomorrow once we pack it all up. 

Labels: ,