Hello, 2014

Happy New Year from Colorado, our temporary "home" for the next 2 months. Lest you think we are on some "pot tourism" trip, I assure you we are not. Marijuana is JUST what my clot-infested lungs need, right?. It is merely pure coincidence that we are now living in Colorado and pot is legal for recreational use. Although, legalization of recreational pot is most certainly the "toke" of the town around these parts, that's for sure. 

We are staying at our favorite cabin in the mountains thanks to Rachel/DocDoc. Don't worry, pictures to make you jealous will follow. And for those who are wondering, I am breathing fine so far at 10,000 feet.  

We just arrived on Sunday and J already went to 2 concerts. And before heading to the mountains, we rang in the new year in Denver with some of Jamie/SILAdventure and Rachel's friends. Their friends did a White Elephant Party with a "Feast of the Seven Fishes" theme, an Italian-American celebration usually celebrated on Christmas Eve to abstain from eating meat. Though I am part Italian and Catholic, I never heard of it and no one in my family did it (that I can remember). But I was happy for the fish fest. We ate cod (baccala), trout, shrimp, salmon, scallops, crab cakes and sushi. I'm still full. It was a smashing good time. 









So here we are in 2014. The year 2013 for me will be remembered as the year that my physical being slept in 160+ different places. We spent more time this year moving from place to place than stationary in one place. We loved it; it was a great year. We hope to do repeat our life less ordinary in 2014, but that remains to be seen.

East coast friends - send your snow our way!! We are ready to hibernate in the cabin for the next 2 months! 

Labels: