Friday the 13th

Today is J's last day of work. He decided to wear his favorite green shirt.Out of the 3 years, 10 months he has been in this position, he probably wore this shirt once a week.

We said more goodbyes this week. J had his spring gathering with other rec directors around the state on Wednesday and then on Thursday, one of his fellow town employees and the seniors threw him a goodbye party, to which I was invited.Besides the seniors, there was a stream of townspeople, rec committee members, former selectmen and others coming in and out to say goodbyes. This town is very special and we both have loved getting to know the residents so well. We have definitely made some lifelong friendships.I especially loved some of the seniors who are truly an inspiration. Talk about living life! They actually make getting old sound fun ...

Still busy packing and selling (the futon is GONE and the living room set is close to being gone). Oddly enough, I've been a little busy with WORK. That's right, work. I'm finishing up some contract work ... gotta make every dollar I suppose! Also this week, I got 2 calls about full-time jobs. One was deep in the city of Boston that would make for an hour and 45-minute commute without traffic. I politely rescinded my resume.

So we have 14 days left in NH (well, technically 10 days since we will be AZ next weekend) and 24 days until we start hiking.

BRING IT.