Spring (not really) Vacay

A few months ago, my dad suggested we (us, my parents, my sister's family) take a vacation before J & I hit the trail. So we (I) planned it all out to coincide with the kids' spring break and to take place up in the White Mountains of NH. My sister kept saying, "why can't we go somewhere south and warm?" I assured her that you never know what you're going to get with NH weather ... this time last year, it was in the 70s.

Well, we saw weather of all types this week, except for temps in the 70s. Snow, hail, thunder, lightening, rain, mostly lingering around the 40s all week. I do believe Mother Nature is having a mid-life crisis, but I digress.We stayed at the Mt. Washington Forest Cottage Townhomes and got to enjoy all the amenities at the Mt. Washington Resort. The accommodations were pretty fabulous. I love that hotel and the history behind it. Built in 1902, it was THE hotel back in the day.We did get outside when we could, but given the weather and the off season in NH, we had to get creative in terms of activities.

So we swam a lot (indoor and OUTDOOR - heated of course).We took a safari ride through the mountains.We took a sweet Volvo S60 out for a 50-mile test drive (thanks Volvo for saving us gas to get to dinner!).We ate some top-notch food, drank lots of local beers and overpriced martinis.
We got massages (I could go for one of these every week!).

We hunted for ghosts in the hotel. Room 314 is the Princess's room. She inherited the hotel when her husband died and stayed there for over 40 years. Do you see a ghost in the picture??? I don't, but my nephew sure looks possessed!
We played raquetball, cards and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves overall. I had no doubt we would, but you never know what's going to happen when family shares living space.

Labels: ,