Just over 5 weeks to go!


Last week with the family here, we took off from trail planning. It was a very welcome break. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night running over my to-do list in my head. Instead I just woke in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat because my parents get a little trigger-happy with the thermostat. Then I woke again at the wee hours of the morning when my nephew was ready to start his day. For the record, he doesn't have an inside voice.

Anyways, back to trail planning and bouts of insomnia due to self-induced anxiety. The next big thing is our yard sale this Saturday. It amazing how much stuff one (or two in our case) can accumulate. We've lived in the same apartment for 3 years, 9 months, which is a record for us. We are way overdue for purging!

In other trail planning news, we did another grocery run for six months of trail supplies (many more to come), bought our flight back up to NH, packed some more and tomorrow I hope to finalize our health insurance. We are starting to say goodbyes and had a few get togethers this week. One of them was with J's Rec Committee, who have really become more than the best volunteers in the world, but our friends and family here in NH. We will miss them, but know we will stay in touch. The cake pictured above was courtesy of them, complete with a real picture of the White Mountains.

Wish us luck to make millions at our yard sale and to get rid of all our furniture!

Labels: ,