Our little ski resort

Today is our first day without a houseguest since Feb. 11. Don't get me wrong, we love guests, but it's always nice to have the house back to ourselves.

Our latest houseguest was a friend of J's from the Prep, Chris Farley. He works in a school system and was on break, so came up here to do some snowboarding and used our house as his launching pad.The first day he went on Saturday was pretty awesome because we had fresh snow up north. We actually joined him and opted against the expensive Bretton Woods XC trails and instead skied the nearby and free Flat Iron backcountry trail. Best trail we have XC skied here yet. Lots of ups and downs and ungroomed. Of course I forgot my camera, so couldn't take any pictures. Darn! But, it was darn cold that day, so taking pictures would have been tough.

The rest of the time, though, Chris Farley did not have good snowboarding conditions. We were having a taste of spring and there was a lot of melting and icy conditions. Too bad we got a fresh 7+ inches today after he was long gone ... (as a result, J has a snow day!!)One of the main reasons I am glad to be houseguest-free is because of the constant concert chit-chat and i-Pod-playing I had to endure all week. And then, Phish announced their summer tour, so these boys were scrambling to check their schedules. Geez louise. This is what I call my personal hell. These music gurus bantered back and forth testing each other about Phish and Dead setlists dating all the way back to the 1960s when they were negative 15 years old. I don't understand how they can store all that info in their heads, yet J can't remember when I tell him what we are having for dinner.

Labels: