Week 34 of Unemployment

Week 34 was really depressing and another roller coaster, but, by now, I've had such a fun weekend full of ballroom dancing, swimming and dinner with friends (followed by live pond hockey and a spaghetti benefit dinner for a friend today) that I have pretty much forgotten about it. Still, I owe my readers my update, so I will rehash all those feelings.

I had an interview for a contract job that I REALLY want. It is a line of medical writing that I've never done, but is perfect for me (in my opinion and other fellow medical writers). This particular company has been on my radar for years because of their local reputation. And I have played the squeaky wheel role, contacting them over and over again. So I was elated when I got an interview out of the blue this week! My balloon burst though when they said they can't really give me projects since I don't have the direct experience. Boo hoo. It's a catch 22 situation and I understand where they are coming from, but I also understand how determined I am and how quickly I learn new things. I am not going to just lay down and die. I am still going to be a squeaky wheel with them and see where it leads.

Onward and upward!

Labels: