MLK Day

Or as they call it in NH, Civil Rights Day.

J had off because it is a state holiday, and we wanted to do something fun. Lucky for him, I have my sweet magazine gig and scored another B&B assignment.

This B&B was definitely more our style. Don't get me wrong, we like all B&Bs, especially ones that we get to go to for free. But this one was at a rustic log cabin and was surrounded by the wilderness. Once again, we were green. You know, green with envy. Someday, we will own a log cabin. And some yurts. And a Scooby Doo VW camper. And a rock climbing gym. And a concert venue where only From Good Homes plays (some dreams are a little ridiculous). But I digress. 
The view of Mt. Washington from the B&B
So the B&B was awesome. And while we were up north, we checked out the Ammonoosuc Rail Trail. It's 19 miles, and no way did we XC ski all 19 miles. But we did enough to get a taste. I am not against snowmobiles, but I guess I really don't like sharing the trails with them. Unfortunately for me, there were tons of snowmobiles on the trail, but that's what you get on a multi-use trail.

All in all, a good weekend. J is especially happy that the Jets won on Sunday! We put ourselves in a tricky situation watching the game at a bar, as they were playing the Patriots, and Pats fans are ... passionate.

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now." MLK

Labels: