Week 27 of Unemployment

There's not much to report on the unemployment front. Pretty much the same as last week, although I did have a magazine assignment due this week. Other than that action, things are SSSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWW. I'm just hoping all the seeds I am planting now will grow in 2011.

Instead, I will use this post to report my random babble.

It is fuuuhreezing here. High of 22 today. But NO snow. This makes me very unhappy because 22 degrees makes sense when there is snow on the ground. That's logical, don't you think? I guess I have to go south again to get my snow this winter.

In truth, I will get plenty of snow this winter. Just not here. We are driving out west for the holidaze, and we are bound to get stuck in snow somewhere on that drive. You know, because anyone who drives across the country in the winter is asking for trouble.

We saw our beloved Carbon Leaf last night (show #9) at Tupelo Music Hall in NH. Great show, as usual. They made it very festive with some Christmas music. We will see them again (show #10) on Saturday at Tupelo Music Hall in Vermont. Tupelo rocks! It is J's dream to own something like a Tupelo Music Hall someday. Have you met my husband? Mr. Dream BIG.

We opted against a real tree this year. We will be gone over the holidaze, so it just didn't make sense to get one. Plus the whole fire hazard thing while we're gone. Anyways, we have these 2 trees that we found amongst our Christmas stuff. They do the trick.I can no longer put up our nativity set. Mr. McKinley has a tendency to steal Baby Jesus and I think that means the Big Guy Upstairs will send him straight to hell, so it's better not even to tempt him. Last year, he started stealing Mary & Joseph too. Mr. McKinley likes to put his toys in his food and water dish. I don't think they appreciated that. If you look closely in the above picture, you will see a sheep from the nativity, which was demoted to a cat toy long ago.

Labels: