Week 23 of Unemployment

I'm uber pumped this week for unemployment because I am flying out tomorrow morning to Milwaukee. Okay, that doesn't sound right. I'm not terribly excited that I'm going to Milwaukee (oddly enough, this will be my second visit to the city this year--last time it was for a wedding. It's actually a neat city.). Anyways, my enthusiasm is because I am going to the American Medical Writers Association national meeting! I know you are jealous.

I will be taking some classes while I'm there and will finally complete my certificate in editing and writing. This is something I've been working on for 7 years. What's that you say? I should have just gone to get my PhD, huh? Whatevs. A certificate is all I could stand (I have a low tolerance for school) or afford.

I will also be doing some mad networking. Even the AMWA chapter meetings are infamous for networking opportunities, and this will be on a national level. I printed up 250 business cards; do you think that's enough? I am staying with an old colleague, and she has a lot of wisdom about being a freelancer. I anticipate a great trip all around!

Labels: