The MIL

We had a very important visitor this weekend, but before I get to her visit, I can't keep the news in any longer.

I won a game of Scrabble!!! (Did you think I was going to tell you I got a job?) I RARELY beat J at Scrabble, as in every 3 years or so. He is not a good speller, but he sure is a good strategist. Still I did beat him once this weekend, and actually almost twice if it wasn't for his 50-point bonus for using all his letters.

So anyways, MamaFashion was in town! She scored a new job and the company is based out of Boston, so she is there for training this week. It does not mean she is moving to Boston, but hopefully it means she will have to come out this way from time to time.

We did all sorts of things, including playing 2 games of Scrabble and taking a nice drive to parts of NH we haven't explored. I also made MamaF's dream come true by wanting to go get a mani-pedi. FYI, my feet still don't look much better. And the pedicure lady informed me that another one of my toenails is hanging on by a thread.

Last, but not least, we all got our flu shot together. It was like pulling teeth to convince J to get it, but it's easier when his wife AND mother are ganging up on him.
Celebrating MamaF's bday with martinis and nice dinner at Cotton and brownies.

Labels: ,