"It's kicking our butts!"

Hi all!
This blog entry is written by P's sister, Quick Question. She asked me to update her blog for her while she has a momentary lapse of sanity, er, I mean while she and J explore the wonders that nature has to offer while camping for 12 days. J and P are quite the adventurious couple, whereas my idea of roughing it is staying at a Super 8 Motel. Note the differences between us as you read my blog! Anyways, here is what she told our Mom, who told me- Enjoy!
As of Monday 10/4, P and J have hiked 50 miles since they started (last Wednesday, so in the past 5 days). I, on the other hand, have traveled at least 250 miles over the past 5 days (in my car, of course!). P stated that the first 3 days were rainy, with mudslides, high winds and wet/muddy trails. That was just like my backyard last week after our rainstorm! She also complained, oh, I mean stated that they had to wear wet clothing a lot that never quite dried and got lots of blisters on their feet, as their shoes were soaking wet. My clothing is always dry and I do get blisters on my feet too (when I occasionally go roller skating with my kids). To sum up, they stated that the rain is "kicking our butts"! Really? Did we check the forecast before we left the comforts of our home? They did state that they are having a good time when the weather is good, as I do when I sit on a warm beach with a cold drink in my hands during the summertime. Lastly, P and J reported that they were staying in a hostile last night, in a warm bed with a hot shower to boot. I thought that I smelled something bad even here in CT, only to find out that it was their BO! My idea of roughing it is not washing my hair one day or not showering for one day, not 5 days! PU! Don't mind me, I am temporarily gagging.
I am glad that I am not the one who is going to pick them up at the end of this trip. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that a trip consisted of a nice hotel, riding in a plane or a car to get to your destination, A/C, hot food, cold drinks, hot showers... you get the picture! P and I have quite different views on camping or vacationing in general. But, I respect her way of life and she respects my way of life. We are alike in many ways and different too. Nonetheless, I love her and hope that she survives hell, oh I meant to say this adventure!
By the way, since I have free access to her blog, is there anything that you wanted to know about her or J? Just kidding! I would do that to her or maybe I would!

Labels: ,