Week 3 of Unemployment: (Almost) Broken Toe and World Cup Soccer

I thought for a day or two that I broke my pinkie toe.On Monday night, my phone rang from the other room and it was J. I ran to get it barefooted. If you know me well, you know I hate to be barefoot. I love my slippers/slipper socks as much as I love hand cream and post-it notes.

So on my way back to the couch, I stubbed it hard. I iced it and took aspirin, then self-diagnosed myself, deciding it was not broken. Today, it is feeling (and looking) much better!

This week, so far, I am doing much better emotionally with the unemployment thing. Maybe it's all the networking I am doing and pep talking I am getting. That helps. Job searching is going ... well, you know the answer. And for now, I am enjoying watching the US play World Cup Soccer. It's 0-0 for those of you who don't have the luxury of watching.

UPDATED! USA scored in the last minutes of the game, so they will advance!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!

Labels: