New England, Take 2

J and I spent Memorial Day Weekend 2010 apart. Purposely. We do that sometimes. Take separate vacations.

This time, J headed to a weekend music festival in NY (The Mighty High Mountain Fest) with Uncle SlickG and a high school friend he recently reconnected with (and he didn't even need Facebook for that!!). The big draw about the festival was a performance by From Good Homes. J will go anywhere where FGH is, just so you know.I, on the other hand, had a visitor. Rockstar from Arizona! She had an agenda because when she came back in 2008, we explored Boston and Maine. This time, she returned to the Boston area (while I was working on Thursday and Friday), then we hit all the other spots she hasn't been, like Vermont and northern NH.

Our trip to Vermont can be summed by cows. Well, not really cows, but what cows contribute to. We toured the Cabot Cheese Factory and Ben & Jerry's Factory. MMMM, cheese and ice cream.We also went to the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vt. Doesn't it look like we are in Austria? (If you ignore the American flag)And we hit up Church Street and Lake Champlain in Burlington. Had to be done. I never tire of Btown.On Saturday, we took the touring to the skies of NH. This was the first time for both of us. Very fun and highly recommended. Even I—with my fear of heights—survived.Afterwards, we went to a nearby Chowderfest (Rockstar has an exceptional love for seafood). And to work off the yummy chowder, we took a hike to some beautiful waterfalls.Rockstar is adventurous (as evidenced by her ziplining), but she does not love bugs or getting dirty. I think I need new friends ... Not to mention she kept wondering why people were swimming in the lakes and rivers. This is understandable since in Arizona, every other house has a clear-blue swimming pool. I think she was kind of grossed out that I grew up swimming in a lake.

The Chowderfest was not the only seafood Rockstar ate this weekend. Meet Henry I and Henry II.

Labels: , , ,