Like watching paint dry and then realizing you have to change the color

That's how I feel about the health care reform bills this week.

I waited up Sunday night for the House to pass the first health care reform bill to make it into one of our Monday publications. My editor and I decided on a cutoff of 10:30pm. The House promptly voted at 10:48pm, which I caught on the news as I was drifting into dreamland. I woke up and screamed "son of a biscuit," but I was still in no shape to whip out a proper story.

So I wrote the story Monday. Then rewrote it Tuesday when the President signed the first bill. Then tweeked it Wednesday when the second bill went to Senate for debate and some states decided to sue the government about the first bill. Repeat on Thursday after the Senate passed the second bill with some revisions. Rewrite today after the House passed it. The latest is that Obama will not sign until next week. When will this end??? I'll still check this weekend, but gosh darnit, a story about health care reform is going into my Monday publication with or without his signature.

On a side note, I've become quite intimate with the bills, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The truth is, I love writing about this stuff. It's riveting!