Friday Randomness

I don't like writing random posts, but today it's necessary.

I am extremely displeased with our weather up here. Storm after storm is hitting NJ and PA and missing us. The latest storm brought my parents 2 feet of snow, and us, just hurricane-force winds and rain. BOOORRRIIING. On the flip side, NH is in a state of emergency right now because those winds took down trees and power lines and half the state is without power. We're supposed to get snow tonight, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I almost blew our cover this week on our cable situation. You see, we "share" cable with ShortShorts and theQuilter (read, they pay the bill). I noticed midweek that we were missing a few channels. Not too important, since we are not TV addicts. But, it just happens to be the channels I watch, like HDTV and the Travel Channel. So, I called the cable company and scheduled a technician to come out. Then J reminded me that, um, we don't pay for cable!!! I'm glad one of us has a working brain. That was close!

I spent my afternoon working in the library today. I can't tell you the last time I spent time in a library (unfortunately), so it was quite nostalgic. I spent my 4 years in college working at our library. Mondays and Tuesdays from 10pm to midnight. I loved that shift, despite the fact that my boss was a transsexual and it took me 6 months to figure that out. I had one duty to do--shelve books. Once I finished that, I could spent the rest of my time doing homework or talking to friends who came in to visit (and occasionally checking out books). I used to time myself and see how fast I could get the shelving done--usually about 30 minutes. Getting back to the library, I missed you so. I love your smell, your vast collection of books. You're better than the Internet, I swear.

J is at a concert tonight (are you surprised?) with Uncle SlickG. He will stay through the weekend for more concerts and possible some XC skiing. My biggest decision right now is should I watch Sex in the City (the movie), The Notebook or reruns of 16 and Pregnant ... decision made ... I just saw the trailer for Sex in the City 2 when looking up the link for the first one and it was a done deal.

I am sad to see the Olympics end, but I still don't get curling.