Got recreation?

Last week, J passed a test and became a certified recreation director.Not sure what that really means, but he studied really hard for the test.

It seems being "certified" in your field is the new Master's. I'm only two credits away from being certified as a medical writer, but I'm not holding my breath because it takes lots of money and the classes are sometimes far away. I still really haven't figured out the benefits of becoming certified (although the courses have been extremely helpful), but damnit, I want the title!

Anyways, J's certification came at perfect timing as he is attending another wonderful Rec Director conference this week. At a ski lodge. And he called this morning to tell me he won a free night at a NH AMC hut. I sure picked the wrong field to work in.
Yes, I am envious. Yes I know it is one of the seven deadly sins!