Can I make a suggestion?

I came across this study from CareerBuilder.com and thought I'd share. They always have the funniest polls and I cover a lot of them for a publication I write about corporate health and productivity.

In this day and age when jobs are hard to come by, you would think the employer has the upper hand. What? We're not getting health coverage in 2010? Oh that's okay. Here's an awkward high five and thank you for letting me keep my job.

Anyways, this report proves that employees think there's no harm in making requests for ...

Right now, my biggest request of my company is that they close between Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. They have in past years and this year, it doesn't look like it will happen. I can use PTO of course, but I'm just going to whine about having to "waste" it. I just can't work that week. Nothing in health care happens. I can write about how yummy holiday foods make you gain some lbs, but that takes all the fun out of this time of year.

Anyways, in November, the month of gratitude, I have to remind myself I am grateful to have A job. It may have dropped on my "love it" scale, but I am appreciative. Now if they would just listen to the employee requests ...