Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Celebrating Pat

I do have some Irish in me, but I don't like corned beef.

Which is why we had pork chops, baked potato and beets for dinner last night.

But, our local church (the church led by Eugene Levy ... for real), is sponsoring a corned beef dinner this Saturday. You get corned beef and cabbage, boiled potatoes, carrots, bread, I think a salad and a dessert. All for $6!

So I told J we should get him that meal, because, even though he is not Irish*, he does like corned beef. I said I would eat all the veggies. A meal for 2 of us for $6? Definitely a steal.

He's a little hesitant because it's a fundraiser for the church and how will it look with us splitting one meal? "Maybe you should tell them you're a vegetarian," J said.

Great. So I'll just lie to the little old nuns just to save $6. Do you think I'll still get into heaven?

*So, as it turns out, J is Irish. And he says he knew that. And told me. Hmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

J is 50% Irish and the rest a bit of mix. Way to go for knowing your heritage, J!!!

The Former PK said...

Yeah, huh, apparently J has no idea what he is. I've known him 7 years now and he never thought he was Irish. He thinks French, English and Scottish maybe? Anyone want to clarify?

Anonymous said...

I'll fill you in...His mom's side is 100% Irish, so that makes J 50% Irish. His dad's side is a mix of German, French, and English.

J - Get with it!

The Former PK said...

Wow! That's quite a mix! Thanks for filling me in!! Geez, if we ever had kids (and don't get any ideas, because that's not happening), they would be just about a little of everything ... I guess a true American. I am Italian, Irish and Polish.

The Former PK said...

PS - he said he knew his Mom was Irish, but not 100%!