Tuesday, February 24, 2009

These boots are made for walking ... in the snow

For those of you who know me, you know I HATE shopping. Mainly it's because I hate spending money and I like getting the most out of what I buy. Which is why I own clothing items from 1995. No seriously. I do.

Case in point. I got the boots below when I was a junior in high school. Wore them through college. Then, when I lived in Arizona from 2000-2004, they stayed tucked away in a closet in my parent's house. When I lived in Virginia, I did have them, but I think I used them maybe once when we got that 1 inch of snow.

I was elated when we decided to move to New Hampshire because I have boots already! I was excited to break them out. And they have served me well these past 1 1/2 winters. But, it was time to replace. 'Cause, did you know they make boots now that keep your feet WARM?? And dry??

I labored over my shopping decision. Since everyone in NH (okay, maybe the whole country) has a pair of Uggs, and they all rave about them, I figured that was the route to go. But, damn, even on sale, they are freakin expensive. Alas, I searched and found a better deal. According to Ugg owners, they do not keep your feet dry in snow. What?? Why would I buy boots that were NOT waterproof living in a place where I step in snow every day for at least 4 months??

So I bought these Ulu boots. I suppose they are a ripoff of Uggs, but I don't care because I found them online for $55! Marked down from $150! And they keep my feet dry! And warm! I kid you not! They feel like slippers! I don't want to take them off! Yeah for me!

Sorry I went overboard on the exclamation points, but I am clearly excited.

4 comments:

tommy's mommy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I am wearing a pair of jeans today that I've had since about sophomore year of college. That's circa 1996/1997... I just got rid of a sweater a few months ago that I had since I was a junior in high school--1994!! It was wool and had a few holes in it, so I decided that it had done it's duty:)

Sara said...

Remember our shoe trades in 11th grade? I still have my penny loafers (somewhere?)

The Moser Family Blog said...

I love the new boots! I actually think Uggs are UGly! Yours are super cute! And I also still own a sweater that my girlfriend bought for me at Christmas in 1994! YIKES!

The Former PK said...

Wow! So glad everyone is coming out of the woodwork to admit their closet keepers. I didn't realize there were so many of us. And now I don't feel so bad! Plus, styles recycle, so we're all okay having things from the 90s ... For the record, I ALSO have a J. Crew sweater from 1994. Something about that year, huh?